WEEKEND UNLIMITED INC. YEAR END LETTER TO SHAREHOLDERS
NEWLY APPOINTED PRESIDENT AND CEO, PAUL CHU, PROVIDES SHAREHOLDERS WITH UPDATE ON ACQUISITION PHASE AND REVENUE FOCUS FOR 2019
VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA (December 28, 2018) – Mr. Paul Chu, President & Chief Executive Officer of Weekend Unlimited Inc. ("Weekend" or the "Company") (CSE: YOLO FSE: 0OS1) has issued an important letter to shareholders.
Dear Weekend Unlimited Inc. Shareholder,
It is a distinct pleasure to have the opportunity to communicate with you through this letter to share the company’s milestones to date and provide you with insight regarding our plans for growth in 2019 as we operationalize the overall company with a clear focus on increasing shareholder value.
In terms of context, Weekend Unlimited is ideally positioned to benefit from the rapidly changing market environments in North America and globally. The passage of the Farm Bill in the United States on December 21st, 2018 represents a fundamental legislative change in direction for the US Federal Government that is anticipated to lead toward the overall rescheduling of cannabis from a Schedule 1 to a Schedule 2 substance in the future.
Today, the result of continued growth in legalized recreational and medicinal CBD and THC in products in Canada and in over 30 US states, combined with the US Federal shift and the significant investments from consumer-packaged goods, big alcohol, pharmaceutical and tobacco serve as an indication of tremendous upside in the industry. Recent market volatility has impacted many sectors, cannabis included, however, our focus has been to develop and run this company in order to create a product category that is recreationally focused with new product lines that are focused on wellness. Our singular drive is growing revenue in 2019.
Weekend Unlimited’s has acquired and announced the intent to acquire brands in Jamaica, California, Washington State, Alberta and British Columbia. As a result the Company has established strong footholds in and around North America, with a significant existing product portfolio - and an even stronger one in development that harnesses the reach of our existing brands from beverages to candy to flower and beyond.
In 2019, the Company strategy is will be focused upon productization with Weekend’s own THC and CBD brand. We will activate market share with a multi-channel build strategy. The initial phase will focus upon indirect sales channel, primarily national convenience chains and big box retailers. Our goal is to have brand presence in consumer-packaged goods in all 50 states. Our licensure growth story will focus on adding to our MSO (multi-state operations) strategy with direct ownership and/or joint ventures in new markets.
Weekend Unlimited Highlights:
- In final stages of completing the acquisition of R&D Pharma – Tropicann Jamaica
- Jamaican tourism market launch scheduled for March 2019, will include site tours as a featured attraction
- Outdoor research crop harvested at Northern Lights Organics in Northern BC
- Advanced stages for ACMPR application for Northern Lights Organics
- Fall crop harvested at Orchard Heights Growers
- Orchard Heights Growers product Launch to Washington retailers in early 2019, highlighted by a Flower, Concentrate and Pre-Roll line
- In final stages of completing acquisition of Verve Beverage Company, with an operational focus in the new year aimed at confirming purchase orders and distribution contracts for US national rollout
- Under option to acquire Northern Lights Supply retail facility in Alberta, Weekend team is working in collaboration to launch sales in January 2019
- Pending is the final 20% acquisition of S&K / Canna Candys
- Weekend will be a 5% equity partner of High Desert Group, Inc.(HDG), the largest THC oil extractor in Adelanto California
- Weekend’s edible THC + CBD production will come from California’s HDG facility
- Canna Candys new manufacturing facility in California will be operational in Q1 2019 producing hard candies and soft gummies.
- The Company will be focused on its channel build with a national distribution rollout focus for CBD edibles line throughout the USA, and THC edibles line in CA, WA, NV.
Weekend Unlimited’s Business Model Overview: Weekend will focus on two separate business operations, one is THC in legalized states in the categories of flower, concentrate, edibles and topicals. The other is CBD with a much wider reach. Weekend brands have best of class operations, distribution and strong revenue trajectories, making them ideal candidates for the deployment of capital and expertise through access to technologies, infrastructure and centralized systems.
With assets pending and secured in California, British Columbia, Washington State, Alberta and Jamaica, Weekend is establishing itself as a brand focused MSO cannabis company. Weekend’s brand portfolio is being launched into sales channels in North America and internationally beginning in January 2019.
Purpose. People. Plant. Profit.
- Our purpose is to elevate the people we serve, honor the power of the cannabis plant and be responsible for the profit we create
- We define the movement to fulfill individual needs by focusing on wellness first and foremost
- We aim to find presence in life’s highs, anytime, anywhere
- We strive to be the most profitable company in the cannabis universe
Thank you for your interest and investment in Weekend Unlimited, please contact us with any questions,
President & CEO
Weekend Unlimited Inc.
For further information, please contact:
Mr. Paul Chu, President and CEO
Telephone: 1 (236) 317-2812 - Toll free 1(888) 556-YOLO (9656)
Neither the Canadian Securities Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the Canadian Securities Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Forward Looking Statements
Certain information set forth in this news release may contain forward-looking statements that involve substantial known and unknown risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward-looking statements, including, without limitation, statements regarding future financial position, business strategy, use of proceeds, corporate vision, proposed acquisitions, partnerships, joint-ventures and strategic alliances and co-operations, budgets, cost and plans and objectives of or involving the Company. Such forward-looking information reflects management's current beliefs and is based on information currently available to management. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements can be identified by the use of words such as "plans", "expects", "is expected", "budget", "scheduled", "estimates", "forecasts", "predicts", "intends", "targets", "aims", "anticipates" or "believes" or variations (including negative variations) of such words and phrases or may be identified by statements to the effect that certain actions "may", "could", "should", "would", "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved. A number of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors may cause the actual results or performance to materially differ from any future results or performance expressed or implied by the forward-looking information. These forward-looking statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, certain of which are beyond the control of the Company including, but not limited to, the impact of general economic conditions, industry conditions and dependence upon regulatory approvals. Readers are cautioned that the assumptions used in the preparation of such information, although considered reasonable at the time of preparation, may prove to be imprecise and, as such, undue reliance should not be placed on forward-looking statements. The Company does not assume any obligation to update or revise its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, except as required by securities laws.